Monday, 23 December 2013

Fly me to the moon

My dear Rosie has a baby girl!  I was privileged to have been asked to be at the birth.  There is nothing more amazing than a woman's labour (so aptly named) and delivery!
There is so much involved in a labour!  There was pain, exhaustion, excitement, happiness, fear, I-don't-want-to-get-in-the-way-ness, more exhaustion and more fear.
I always thought labour was a breeze until I attended Lou Lou's labour and now Rosie's.  Rosie had pre-eclampsia which changed everything.  Without going into details it was a lot of hard work and I can't tell you how proud I am of my girl!  She's so young but she took it all in her stride and managed to deliver a healthy contented baby at the doors of the theatre.  So, so proud.  Pure determination!
Her partner was amazing.  The love that shone through was obvious.  He was attentive, thoughtful and obviously concerned.  As a mother, it is reassuring to see someone care so deeply for your child.  I am lucky.
That beautiful, indescribable point in our lives when a child is born.......  Not another thought was given to a difficult three day journey once the baby arrived.  (Well by the new parents anyway.  I keep re-living it)  They are so besotted with their little daughter.
And so they should be!  What a lovely, contented little soul.  Welcome to our family darling.  I can't wait to get to know you.
You will be seeing many more photos of this little person.









13 comments:

Christine said...

Completely precious, Linda. Thankyou so much for sharing - she is beautiful. Enormous congratulations to your daughter and her partner. xxx

Linda said...

Thank you Christine. They're home today beginning their lives as a new family. So special!

Meg said...

Oooh!! Congratulations to you all! So wonderful! xx

Dani said...

Wonderful news and a very special Christmas gift. I know - because my daughter, Natasha, gave birth to her first daughter on Wednesday, 18th December.

Very, very special Christmas for you and I, Linda.

Merry Christmas :)

Linda said...

Thank you Meg! I feel very happy. Merry Christmas!

Dani! Wow! Congratulations! Our bub was due on the 16th but was very slow in arriving. Have a wonderful Christmas enjoying the new baby glow!

eenvoudigerleven said...

Oh Linda, congratulations!!

What a joy!

cynthia said...

Many congratulations to your family. What a beautiful little gift just in time for Christmas!

Lynda D said...

I had the pleasure of doing this once. Its a totally different experience (durr) than being in labour yourself. You see the whole process rather than being so focused on one activity (getting it out). Congratulations on so many levels. The arrival of your grandchild, for raising a stong women and for her having found "Mr Right".

Linda said...

Thank you so much Eenvoudigerleven. It's so exciting! I can't wait to see her again. I've woken up today really missing my daughter and granddaughter!

Hi Cynthia, thank you. Yes it is wonderful to have bubby safely here! Can't top that for a Christmas present!

Thank you Lynda. You're so right. Even after five labours myself, I didn't quite see it clearly. You kind of disappear inside yourself and it seems sort of surreal when you are the one labouring.

Busy mum of 3 said...

How wonderful! Congratulations to you, your daughter and he partner.

angela said...

Congraulations and welcome to the little princess. I'm so happy all ended well.

purplepear said...

Hi Linda. I've been waiting for this news and then some how I miss a couple of days and she's arrived. Congratulations to you all. I know how you feel, I was privileged to be there when Rhonnie gave birth to Evan. Wow what an experience!

Linda said...

Thanks Busymum and Angela, so happy right now.

Thanks Kate, it's really special to be asked to attend a birth isn't it.