It had mistakes near the top. The rib went wrong when I started decreasing, but it worked. It's still a beanie to keep a head warm. The kids loved it. Buddy Boy and Belle both wanted it but I knitted it for Belle so Buddy Boy will have to wait his turn.
Belle wanted to take it for show and tell this morning! How cute is that!
9 comments:
What a beautiful beanie and your daughter looks so proud of it. Such a wonderful thing that she feels so grateful that she wants to take it for show and tell. Love it!
looks good! I'm still stuck on scarves, will have to build up to a beanie soon. I only knit in winter, so just a few months to practice and then put it all away when it gets hot, but still a very useful skill to have.
Good on you, what a sense of accomplishment!
woohoo!!! Hey you and me both!! I was so excited to have knitted my first one....but my second is still waiting to be started! Oh well.....
You did a really neat job, I thought.
Is there a good site that tells you how to knit a beanie for dummies? I would really like to try knitting my own beanie now.
It's beautiful! Really, truly!! I don't blame her for taking it for show and tell. She looks as snug as a bug as a rug in it!! :)
I know Kate. What a sweetie to be so appreciative!
Hi Farmer Liz, I'm loving learning how to knit. I reckon you just need to throw yourself into the deep end with the beanie! Look forward to seeing it!
Busy Mum, thank you. I felt pretty clever.
Hi there Evi, I am surprised! I thought you had been knitting for ages and could knit anything! Your beanie was so cute!
Hi Kim, I'm not sure. I bought a pattern booklet with some really good basic family patterns. I think I will try most of them. I've found the knitting shops are happy to advise beginners. Good luck.
Thanks Christine! I hope it starts a knitting craze at school. I always go early and knit while I wait for the kids. Who knows, the other Mum's might start knitting too!
that looks fabulous - well done! I hope one day i can make beanies!
Thanks Astra. Nice to hear from you! I'm sure you could knit one. It wasn't really that hard!
Post a Comment