Friday, 7 October 2011

On My Mind - Birthday Manure

Today I am joining in with Rhonda at Down to Earth for her regular Friday feature On My Mind.  This is a lovely way of getting to know other bloggers because they post a photo of something they are currently thinking about.
Today my mind is on my Mother-in-law's birthday (today) and the gift we will be giving her.   My latest idea for a sustainable present is a trailer load of manure.  I have recently found someone locally who sells chook manure at a reasonable price.  What better gift for a gardener!  As my Nana would have said, "It's good enough to make your mouth water!"  I totally agree!!!

8 comments:

simplicityinthemaking said...

Lovely to hear from you today. Yes a load of "poopnuer" is a great gift for a gardener. I am sure she with love the thought. Have a wonderful weekend.

Linda said...

I once put a feed bag full of home-made compost, beautifully wrapped and with a ribbon round it, under the Christmas tree for my father. It was a very happily received gift!

purplepear said...

That's my type of gift. I also would be very happy to recieve that gift.

Evi said...

I LOVE it!! How lucky you are to have a mama in law that would love such a gift! I do have a mother that would love it although she is too far away to give it to her personally.... sigh :(

Kim said...

Excellent present!!! These are the kinds of gifts that just keep giving.

DEB said...

Nothing like a practical gift that will keep on giving.
Brilliant! Love it
Oh by the way I am here via Rhonda's blog
Have a great weekend,
Deb
www.primrosehappysnapper.blogspot.com

Linda said...

Hi everyone. Sounds like everyone loves manure as much as I do! My mother in law loved her present and will really enjoy using it. When I read Evi's comment, I laughed at the idea of giving manure to a mother in law who wasn't into gardening!!! That's my evil side showing it's face.

Kristy said...

LOL great gift idea for the appreciative recipient :)