Wednesday, 21 December 2011

Garden and Garlic

I harvested my garlic the other day.  I was very disappointed.  This is about a third of last year's harvest.  I pulled up another bed a few weeks ago and I don't know if it was too early or the bed was too damp but the cloves are covered in a blackish mould.
Luckily there is plenty of other gardening life to keep my spirits up.  This beautiful Christmas lily hasn't failed me.  This one is in a pot but I'd like to put some in a bed for next Christmas.

My leaky hose is doing a good job if this bed is anything to go by.  It's an absolute jumble of tomatoes and beans!  I told the beans where they should grow and showed them their frame, but they just don't listen and insist on growing up the tomato's stakes!

Just wait till the Big Day is over and I get a bit of time to catch up on fertilising, pruning, mulching etc!

1 comment:

Evi said...

It's a bit like that isnt it? The kids are counting down until Christmas and I'm counting the days until it's over!!!
We harvested our garlic a few weeks ago and while it wasn't as good as I'd wanted it to be, I'm fairly happy with the amount. OUr first year growing and I think we need to do some more research. x x x