Friday, 6 January 2012

Meet Silver


I recently saw a very productive garden that had used clever bird scarers, so I set about making my own.  The kids quickly saw the potential of my bird scarer as a toy and began playing with, and arguing over it!  So I drew a face, named him Silver and left them to it.


When they tire of their new puppy I will tie him in the apple tree to float around and scare the birds away.  What a fantastic use of a resource which I (ahem) may have around the house from time to time (for cooking or medicinal purposes of course)!  I love finding uses for things that would otherwise end up in the rubbish........... and I LOVE that the kids looked at it through their own eyes and re-purposed it in a completely different way!!!

4 comments:

farmer_liz said...

Cute, I hope it works (when you finally get to use it!).

Linn said...

Love it!

purplepear said...

You and your kids are very resourceful Hope it works.

Linda said...

Yes, looks like I'd better hurry up and find another cask so they can have one each.