Monday, 23 April 2012

Cosy

Don't you love it when the weather changes?  Yesterday we had a cold and rainy day.  I was doing the sorts of things I would normally be doing, but it felt so good!  I was baking two loaves of bread, cooking pumpkin soup (yes, more) and baking some patty cakes (cup cakes).


The mood was lovely.  The young ones were role playing with dolls in the bedroom.  I caught Belle dreaming out the window, enjoying the rain.


And look at the beautiful rainbow we were treated to when there was a break in the clouds!


Then I enjoyed wandering around the garden admiring it, because it always looks so happy and beautiful after rain.



The fire is going again and the clothes horse has moved back inside.  I'll probably be cursing it by the end of winter, but at the moment it feels very homely.



I am really looking forward to winter!  Thank goodness for the different seasons.  Have you enjoyed a wintery day yet?


4 comments:

purplepear said...

I am also enjoying the change in season. Although we have had some rain it's not been cold enough for the fire yet, so I still have that to look forward to. Autumn- love it!

Busy mum of 3 said...

We are having an 'Indian Summer' here on the North Coast, it really isn't cold yet! (Need to have some warm weather, it was cool and wet all summer)

Evi said...

I'm with ya on the clothes horse and fire - our clothes hang up over it and make our house look like a chinese laundry!
Glad to hear you returned from your 'honeymoon' weekend refreshed and rejuvenated!! I was impressed with all the food prep you did... very frugal indeed, well done!

Fiona from Arbordale Farm said...

We can't wait for winter up here in QLD. It is still warm here during the day but the nights are cooling down. I hope you are rested from your break away.