Saturday, 12 January 2013

Hubby

If you've been reading here for a while you could be forgiven for thinking it's a one-man-band.  After all this is my blog and I'm the words woman so it's all about me!  Isn't it?

Absolutely not!

Hubby is the backbone of every hair brained idea.  If I'm about words, he's about action.
I wanted a chook enclosure.  I got this.
I wanted some stakes with wire between them to grow pea or beans on.  I got this.
 I wanted a compost bin.  I got this.
I wanted a cute, little, old-fashioned clothes line like they used to have.

I got this!
Oh well.  I guess bigger is always better in a man's world!

I wanted a way to hang a net to protect the fruit trees.  I got this....`
And this.
I wanted to make some potting mix so hubby got me this.
 
And the piece de resistance..........  I wanted a place to put my washing basket and I got this.
An outdoor folding area with a peg bucket screwed to the table so it won't blow away!  I love it!  Folding clothes outside is so much nicer.

And today.....  A wicking bed in the making.
So............ no!  It's not all about me.  It's about us.  And Hubby certainly does his share.  And I love the fact that everything he does embraces our way of using stuff from our bush or re-using or using second hand etc.  But until he starts a blog (which will be never) then you'll be hearing about what we've I've been doing.

I bet my bottom dollar, if there's a hubby in your life, he's working away quietly to help you achieve your goals as well!

9 comments:

Dani said...

Yup, hubby's are our backbone, and although I complain at RMan too often, he also makes my wishes come true :)

And, yours - he has a wonderful smile too :)

Linda, your land looks as parched as ours... Roll on the rains of winter, I say!

Lynn said...

Stuff wouldn't get done without him!

veggiegobbler said...

I looove that chook enclosure. Very cool.

Energiser Bunny said...

I love it - your hubby has a wonderful creative flair! Do you rent him out?? I'd love one of those fences....

purplepear said...

Don't you just love these men. turn our great ides into something beautiful and functional

Fiona from Arbordale Farm said...

Mine is a busy bee like yours, he is the doer and am the ideas person.

narf7 said...

I had to laugh when I read this post because my hubby is exactly the same! It IS a man thing...bigger absolutely positively HAS to be better and we spend our penniless student hippy lives trying to effect change on a Northern Tasmanian property whilst beating the moths from our empty sock hidden under the bed. We try to make everything that we can for the property and in the process have learned some excellent skills. I found your blog through "Eight Acres" regarding permaculture...I think I might just tuck you into my rss feed reader as we Aussies have to stick together :)

Linda said...

Yes Dani, I may be guilty of an occasional complaint or two. And yes it's parched. It is a terrible summer, quite depressing.

Linn, thank goodness for good men.

Veggiegobbler, thanks. I love it too! It's cute.

Engergiser Bunny, Ha ha! They are actually quite easy to make. He made a frame, dug a trench to put the bottom of the sticks in and used a metal tape to hammer around each stick onto the frame. Don't know what the metal strips were. He had them hanging around.

Kate, yes they are amazing! It's nice that they want to help us. Makes us feel special.

Fiona, Yep, it's real teamwork (with them doing most of the work) lol

Hi Narf, really nice to meet you. Yep Hubby does tend to make things bigger and better than I would expect!

Kathryn Ray said...

I love this post. It sounds like the two of you make a great team.