Tuesday, 8 January 2013

Business as Usual

Hubby returned to work yesterday.  That marks the end of the family holiday.  We had so much fun, I'm refreshed and happy to get back to daily life.  I just wish Hubby could have stayed home longer!

We drove to this beautiful part of Victoria....
 Hubby unpacked the STUFF....
at this beautiful spot........

 The children had a ball!
 They helped set up camp.....
 and played in the dirt........
 and had some good old fashioned fun....
with just a rock and some containers.
I fished (nothing but carp again)......
 and Hubby whittled.
We saw in the new year with a spot of bush dancing.  The kids loved it!
 We all got to enjoy spending time with Nan and Pop (my parents).
 Then home for more relaxation.  Hubby procured some willow so I had a go at basket-making.  Not as easy as I thought!
 We're still maintaining that chilled holiday mood as we go about the washing, cooking, shopping etc. and it's lovely.  We are all missing Hubby though!  If only we didn't need to earn money.......

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Wonderful memories for you all ! I love holiday mode too - wish it would last all year! Basket making looks easier than it actually is although you have done a great job with the willow. Enjoy the relaxation time while you have it, school won't be too far off.

livingsimplyfree said...

Beautiful spot to vacation in! I have always wondered how easy it would be to make a basket, but never put the money into the supplies to see if I could. For a first attempt yours looks pretty good.

Linda said...

Have you done basket making before Linn? And yes, school is just around the corner but I'm not ready yet. I'm oomfless and loving it!

Linda said...

It wouldn't hold sugar Lois but I'll work on it!

Margaret said...

I love the new basket, what a great fruit basket, plenty of air circulation, which keeps things fresh for longer, well done.
I have never made baskets but I think a lot of fibres are supposed to be soaked in water for a while, I am sure you can find info on "the net" or tutorials on Utube
It is always good fun to try a new craft, maybe the local library will have some helpful books.
I just love the "lightbulb" ideas that pop up with a new craft, Oh what if I did this or that, or new uses for what is created.
Keep cool and stay safe !

Linda said...

Hi Margaret, Sorry I missed answering your comment somehow. Yes, I love trying new things. It's challenging and fun. Nothing gives me a kick more that looking at something I made myself!