Wednesday, 25 February 2015

A week filled with.....

I'm halfway through writing a lengthy 'save-the-world' post.  Somehow I haven't been able to find that elusive hour or so to sit uninterrupted and complete it.

So! Rather than complete silence from me, let me show you what we've been up to.  Our week has been filled with....

...tomatoes (not mine, boxes bought from the orchard)

...train trips to Melbourne rallies

...coming home to a busted solar hot water system
and nine little baby chickens!
After more than ten years of keeping chooks, I still get excited when chickens hatch.

6 comments:

Selina B said...

wow they are so cute! what a nice surprise after finding a busted pipe. hope it was fixed okay & not damage done
enjoy the rest of your week

Linda said...

Aren't they gorgeous Selina! The plumber switched us to electricity while we wait for a part to arrive. You have a great week too!

Kathy said...

No good about the busted hot water system....the tomatoes look great even if they aren't home grown. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane

Linda said...

They were great Kathy! I have made all the tomato sauce we need for the year and I've bottled about a third of what I think we'll use as passata in a year.

Kim said...

Oh sooooo cute! I am the same with the little chicks, we have a hen who is hiding some eggs at the moment under the logan berry bush ... I think I will let nature take its course and hopefully have some chicks too.
All looking lovely.

Linda said...

Exciting Kim! What a lovely place to be hatched!