Friday, 29 July 2011

On My Mind - We're out of coffee and the house is a mess!



I'd love to tell you about the dress I wish I was making, or the trellis I wish I was putting up in the garden in preparation for spring etc.  But no, if I am truly honest, what is on my mind this morning is the fact that we are out of coffee, the kids will be up soon, I have lunches to make, pony tails to do, breakfast to serve.......

In this photo you can see the washing drying.  It doesn't even all fit on the clothes horse but I am determined not to use the dryer.  A load beside them waiting to be folded, another load in the machine needs to be hung up and another dirty load waiting to be washed.  Bring on the longer days so that I can use my clothes line!  Oh, and don't let me run out of coffee ever, EVER again!!!

I hope everyone else is having a lovely day!  ; )

6 comments:

Humble wife said...

Sounds lovely in a hectic precious memory way! My kids are older and laundry is slowing down so the house stays less cluttered, but in a funny way I miss it!?! Not sure how that happened, because I did not believe it then...but I kind of do!

Hope you have some coffee tomorrow!

Jennifer in New Mexico USA

Becky said...

I know what you mean about a "no coffee day"... mine was Monday when I woke up late just 30 minutes before I was supposed to be on the other side of town clocking into my job. It was a jump dress and out the door morning.... and it seemed to drag on forever.

Olive Blue said...

Hope the day is better now, I am well aware of washing being everywhere inside drying. We also ran out of coffee this morning (the teen and mere male missed out). I drink tea for breakfast and coffee in the afternoon. I popped over from D2E.

Willo said...

Oh that is a bummer combo, running out of coffee and housework! Hope you got your caffeine fix!

Linda said...

Jennifer, I know what you mean! I have experienced it myself looking back on times that I thought were really tough when I was going through them.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one disorganised enough to run out of coffee! We'll learn the hard way! I now have coffee and a spare jar in the cupboard.

purplepear said...

I only have one cup of coffee a day and that's for morning tea, but I don't like to miss it. Mark on the other hand drinks lots of coffee all day long and I always have a spare jar in the pantry. It is not a good thing to run out of coffee. And as for the washing, I remember when my 3 girls were little how those winter days were full of washing all over the house, because like you I didn't like to use the dryer, actually I didn't have one!