We also made patty cakes. The children helped.
We decided they should be purple! They came out brown!
They were a hit though! My poor husband didn't even get to taste one.
Master Five and Miss Eight did some heavy gardening. They dug up a patch of grass together, watered it and covered it with straw. Children observe so much! I have never explained the theory of never leaving soil exposed to the elements but obviously they realise just by watching that this is how it should be. Then they wrote a plan for gardening. "Dig the weeds, rake the weeds, dig the soil to make it loose. Plant flowers, vegies and fruit." It even included a list of tools that would be needed. I love it!!!
I have found myself trying to work out a new plan for our family. This last two weeks have been so special. I want to find a way to recreate this atmosphere during the school term. Sadly I haven't come up with a plan. It just can't be done.
Maybe next year! I have been reading two books on homeschooling every time I have stopped for a cuppa but it scares me! Last year I homeschooled Miss Eight and this year she is homeshooling two days a week and at our primary school for three days. Next year, my two younger children are due to start school and I can't imagine homeschooling all three. They are not as co-operative as Miss Eight. Never mind. The next holidays will come around soon enough and in the meantime I will just keep reading and planning.
No comments:
Post a Comment