Wednesday, 17 August 2011

Our Garden

I have decided to do an inventory of the garden, along with our plans for the coming spring.  Most of the photos are from last summer/autumn and writing this post boosted my spirits!  Spring is coming!

Fruits that are growing
Young nectarine
 
Laden apple tree

Raspberries
Rhubarb
Apple Tree x 5
Lemon Tree x 2
Grapefruit
Orange
Nectarine
Peach
Apricot
Tamarillo
Kiwi Fruit
Feijoa
Strawberries
Fig
Cherry Tree x 2
Quince

Many of these are very young and not yet producing, but we are well on our way to having lovely fruit straight from our place.

Nuts
Almond flower

Almond

Ooops!  Looks like I should have bought some nut trees.  That is a very short list.





Vegies and annual fruits we will plant this spring and summer


 
Strawberries from last summer
 Tomatoes
Beans
Potatoes
Lettuce
Carrots
Watermelon
Rockmelon
Pumpkins
Kale
Silverbeet
Beetroot
Corn
Warragul greens (New Zealand spinach)
Peas
Eggplant
Capsicum
Sunset runner beans

Vegies that kindly self seeded last year

Lettuce
Coriander
Beetroot
Silverbeet
Leeks
Bok Choy

Plants that multiplied and I was able to give to other gardeners
Our wild summer garden!  Rhubarb with raspberries in the bed behind.
Raspberries
Strawberries
Rhubarb
Silverbeet


 

Vegetables that are already growing

 
Artichoke flower.  Isn't it striking?!


Garlic
Spring onion
Artichoke
Asparagus
Cabbage
Broadbeans

I planted my seeds last weekend.  What an exciting time of year!  Have you put seeds in yet?  What are you going to grow this year?

5 comments:

Evi said...

Hi Linda, lovely blog! You must live somewhere a lot warmer than Tassie - all my fruit trees are still bare and the garden is just showing the very first signs of renewed life. I couldnt wait and have just popped in some more radishes and lettuce.... hopefully not too much longer now and I can start on our new garden area.

Linda said...

Hi Evi, Thank you! I had to laugh, I didn't mean to mislead you. The photos are from earlier in the year but this post is all about dreaming of when the garden is productive again. I am in Victoria and the fruit trees are just budding up now. Everything is starting to move! The photo of the almond flower is from yesterday. Are you starting to see the signs of spring in Tassie?

Evi said...

Hah , I didn't read the bit right at the top, did I! Never mind, and I do agree that sometimes in the winter it's nice to look at summer pics of the garden and dream!! Daffodils are up and starting to flower here and the old plum trees in the paddock are just bursting out in white blossoms. Lovely, if I could go outside - it's been pouring here for a few days but when it stops the world will be new!

Mrs Bok - The Bok Flock said...

EEK! So much bounty from your garden! Do you grow your rockmelon up trellises or let them trail on the ground? I've got some seeds this year ready to plant when last frost has passed.

Linda said...

Hi Mrs Bok, I haven't harvested yet, just planned how the garden will go! Nature has a way of changing your plans via insects, heat etc. Wish me luck!

I grow my rockmelons on the ground but I don't put them in until about November. They seem to do better if the ground is already warm.

I hope you are enjoying this beautiful sunshine!