Monday, 28 November 2011

Our Friend the Magpie

This little bloke caused quite a stir the other day!  I popped out to the garden and left the door open.  I heard a commotion and ran back to the house.  The kids were all talking excitedly over each other!  The magpie came in to the kitchen and sat on the sink flapping around!

He is a regular visitor but has never come inside before.  He often flies onto the verandah, even if I am sitting there, and eats any leftover dog food.  He only takes off if he sees the dog coming!

Cheeky, cheeky magpie!

3 comments:

Evi said...

Your post reminded me of my sister near Lismore - she has a butcher bird that flies into the house whenever he can - he makes a fly-by and takes a scoop of what ever food happens to be on the table!!
She says its a constant battle to keep the door closed and keep him out!!

Dani said...

Oh my worst fear - probably from watching Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds" movie many, many years ago.

When we get a bird in the house, It's RMan to the rescue :)

Busy mum of 3 said...

Such antics from what looks to be such a young bird, the young'ns have no fear!