Sunday, 27 November 2011

Soothing My Soul

Well, my daughter arrived safely on the other side of the world!  I have felt more like a lovesick puppy than a mother over the last couple of days.  I have thought about her constantly, continually checked my mobile and facebook for messages, and I have taken my phone to bed and woken to check it through the night!
I'm very lucky that we are at this wonderful time of year.  It is impossible to be too sad when so much is happening around me.

The garden is a constant source of amazement and wonder!  And I have discovered a new way to give myself some knitting time........

I was knitting these to give to Miss Eighteen to take on her journey but didn't get them finished in time.
I go to the library!  I don't even see my book addicts for a least an hour and it is so peaceful.
And of course, my younger children happily distract me with their antics.  Master six is very dramatic on the billy cart and loves to take a tumble!

                          

I sometimes find it hard to feel so enthusiastic in winter, but this time of year is just wonderful and I feel blessed to live the life I have!

3 comments:

Dani said...

Never easy letting our children wander, but oh so necessary for their personal growth. Guess it's the mother hen in us that wants to always keep them close :)

But, as the saying goes, and as I was reminded when mine first started venturing away, "If you love them, let them go."

Easier said than done, LOL

Linda said...

Cluck cluck! But you're right!

angela said...

I hope you hear from your baby soon, your little ones look like a bundle of energy. Good move taking them to the library, very clever mummy