Saturday, 19 November 2011

Want help to reduce electricity?

Many of you may already be familiar with Gavin over at his blog The Greening of Gavin.  He is very committed to the environment and is a very knowledgeable man.  He takes sustainability very seriously and is even completing a Diploma of Carbon Management!  A very useful man to know!

Gavin is offering to take people through a challenge to reduce their electricity with his support.  If you would like to take part in the Great Kilowatt Challenge just pop over and visit Gavin.  This sounds like an opportunity too good to pass up.  Even if you don't feel able to reduce your usage, by doing the challenge you will better understand where your electricity is going.  (And if you don't accidentally reduce your usage just by gaining a little knowledge, I will eat my hat!)

When we started monitoring our usage, it just went down, down, down and we haven't even made any drastic lifestyle changes.  So don't think you can't do it.  It's easy!

Thank you Gavin for offering to share your knowledge with people and make this an easy exercise.

I'm not sure about taking part myself although I would love to!  My concerns are that we have solar so our meter readings will be different.  We need to read our smart meter and solar meter, then subtract the smart meter usage from the solar before we even begin.  Concern number two is that somebody will find out that I know heaps more about power consumption than I do about computers!  I was supposed to put a button on this post but don't have a clue how to do it.

Please let me know if you are taking part (coz I'm a sticky beak).  I would love to know how you go!

Join The Great Kilowatt Challenge

No comments: