Thursday, 12 January 2012

Gift Giving

After Christmas I received a phone call from my eldest daughter.  She was curious about one of her presents.  She said she had loved it and it was just what she wanted.  It was a moisturiser and apparently the more you use it, the more tanned you become.  She was delighted because she is going to a wedding soon and would like to look tanned for the event.


She said that she was curious at the time but didn't get around to asking me in amonst the bedlum!

The bedlum!

My granddaughter enjoying the bedlum!
I tried to evade her questions to no avail.  "But everything else you bought was wooden or secondhand.  I don't get it!"  She knows me too well! 

I begged her not to ask but she guessed.  It was re-gifted!!!

I only use a natural cleanser from an aromatherpist and agave oil for face moisturiser.  I wasn't ever going to use this chemical cocktail!  I can't see the point in leaving something sitting in a cupboard for five years and then throwing it out, when I know someone else would use it!

I would like to change the wonderful catch cry of Reduce, Reuse, Recycle to also say RE-GIFT!!!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I really love the idea of re-gifting. I might see if I can introduce it to my family.

Sarah

Fiona from Arbordale Farm said...

Re gifting is the best when you know it will be appreaciated. Regifting is fine as long as it is in origional condition.

purplepear said...

This made me giggle.

Kim said...

Yeah , I do that sometimes too...and people are always 'suspicious ' after all the homemade stuff.I feel the same about the tanning stuff too....I wish there was a natural alternative though(other than getting burnt)

Stitchin' time said...

I regift also as there's already enough waste in the world when others could use the items.
Cheers,
Robyn

Christine said...

Ahh, good that it was moisturiser you were talking about. At first I thought she had received The Sock (!), pending delivery of the second one..

I do re-gift.. I like the idea of a drawer or box to store those unwanted received pressies that can be ducked into at a moment's notice..a treasure haven for those willing to receive!

Linda said...

Hi Sarah, I hope your family like the idea. My daughter was certainly happy with the present.

Fiona,Yes definitely in original condition! Glad you think re-gifting is good!

Yes Kate, I was caught out! Perhaps my RE-gifts should go to people who don't know me so well.

Kim, I sadly manage to get tanned even in winter. Too much time outdoors and I'm not careful enough. And my skin shows the damage!

Good on you Robyn! I hate waste!

Christine, do you know, sadly that sock IS finally finished and I haven't got around to sewing in the loose thread. How slack (must get onto that) but different daughter. I have an older one again that was the recipient! The sock is for Miss Eighteen. Yes I have a gift drawer for anything I buy throughout the year or for re-gifts. It works well.

Tania @ Out Back said...

I re gift sometimes, I think it is a great idea, but the young ones just dont understand, well my teenager doesn't lol!