I love having time to drag a chair around the orchard while I hand water the trees! My mind is totally clear and relaxed. Sometimes I think there is something magical about my orchard. I can be in a rip-roaring rush to get somewhere, pop out to let the chooks out and........ forget I am in a hurry and start wandering around admiring the growth!
I probably shouldn't admit this but I judge when my trees have had enough water by counting. Somewhere between fifty and one hundred depending on how dry the weather has been. Not very scientific because I'm sure I count v-e-r-y slowly when I'm feeling mellow and faster when I'm upbeat. I don't think I actually choose to count - I can't help it. A compulsion.
Any one else out there with a magically calm place (or a silly compulsion)?
4 comments:
Yeah well, I won't start on the compulsions but I will wish you a very very fulfilling 2012. May your orchard thrive and provide you with loads of juicy fruit to count....and enjoy!!
Looking forward to keeping in touch in the coming year.
Lol., I go out to let the dogs off for a 30 minute run around the farm then wander back in and grab my camera because I've seen something that I 'need' to photograph. A couple of hours later I have 2 tired dogs at my feet, a few dozen photos that need to be loaded onto the computer, and the unclear ones deleted, and the dirty dishes/laundry etc still waiting to be attended to!
Cheers,
Robyn
I also lose track of time in the garden. I'll just pull out that one last weed.....
Happy New Year!
I love my orchard Evi and yes, I'm looking forward to the next year of blogging with new friends!
Robyn, is that why my work is never done?! I really can waste time without realising.
Hi Kate, I'm glad to hear you do it too. It's amazing how one job leads to another!
Post a Comment