Tuesday, 12 February 2013

A Nomination


undefined


I have been nominated for the Liebster award by Country Life with Country Wife.  Thank you.  This award is for blogs with under 200 followers.  I don't normally take part in these because I struggle to find the time to just get my regular posts done.  However at the moment I'm in the mood for frivolity so here goes....

I need to tell you 11 random facts about myself, answer 11 question put to me by Country Wife and nominate 11 blogs and give them a new set of questions.

My Random Facts
  1. I feel cosy when I wear nighties and pyjamas.
  2. I used to deliver pizzas when I was eighteen.  I hated it.  It was a very scary job but my daughter and I needed the money.
  3. I'm scared of flying.
  4. I love music from the 50's, 60's, 70's.
  5. I tend to be a jack of all trades and master of none, because I want to learn about anything that interests me. 
  6. I have a 'thing' for aprons and own far too many.
  7. I can't sleep at night if I don't read for a few minutes.
  8. I struggle to write random lists.
  9. I love prawns (and sadly they will never be sustainable or local here in central Victoria)
  10. I feel guilty when I sit and do nothing but I love the idea of doing it from time to time.  Maybe that's part of why I blog.  I get to sit for a while.
  11. I'm fussy about flowers.  No offence anyone but I don't like dahlias (gaudy) or agapanthus (weedy).
Wow!  That was harder to write than I expected.

Now for the questions set by Country Wife...

1. City or country?
Definitely country.  I grew up in the Pacific Islands, moved to Melbourne and finally to the country.  I never felt I belonged in the city.

2. Pets or livestock?
Both.  We have house pets (dogs and cat) and paddock pets (horse and sheep).  We have eaten chooks before and will again.

3. Are you ready for the Zombie Apocalypse? Or maybe just for a weather interruption to standard utility services?
I don't like the term Zombie Apocalypse.  It makes me think of the worst of human nature.  I think people are capable of amazing things.  As for the answer - No.  But more prepared than most.  As for a weather interuption, it would cause havoc with water but that would be all.

4. We don't have tv, but see it from time to time - what's the silliest show on tv today?
We don't really watch telly but when I hear friends discussing shows they all sound like a waste of time to me.

5. Is it warm where you are? Send me some heat, please! ;)
I wish I could send you some heat!  It's been in the 30s all week and we've had several days in the 40s and up to 44 degrees this summer. (fahrenheit conversion - between 86 and 110) Yuk.  Where I live it hasn't rained one drop for the last two months and we haven't had a good rain since last August.

6. Are people, in general, getting dumber?
I think people have lost sight of what is important in life. And because so many people just worry about 'being happy' they don't need to look deeper. 

7. What are your long term goals?
To raise happy, healthy children.  (Huge goal!)  To see the world move into a sustainable phase.  (Another huge goal!)

8. What song has been stuck in your head most recently?
Shhhhh!  I've lost my mummy - Rolf Harris.   I've got kids!  What can I say?

9. Do you listen to the radio?
Yes.  I like to listen to the ABC.

10. I'm running out of question ideas...um....do you have chickens?
Ha ha!  Yes.  I ate some, remember?

11. Are you vegetarian?
Again ha ha!  These questions are interrelated.  I ate the chooks!
I would like to do my nomination differently than I'm supposed to.  I am nominating all the blogs I follow.   Rather than putting pressure on you, I'll let you decide if you want to take part.  I completely understand if you choose not to, but I would be interested in your answers to the following.

My questions to other bloggers...
  1. Why do you run a blog?
  2. How often do you eat at a restaurant?
  3. In what area of your life are you most organised?
  4. What is the best dish you make to take to functions?
  5. How do you like to relax?
  6. Your most hated chore?
  7. What craft do you like?
  8. Your favourite plant (tree, vegetable, flower)?
  9. Do you have any skills that most people don't have?
  10. What's the thing in your life that you just can't master?
  11. Can you play a musical instrument or sing well?
Leave me a comment to let me know if you join in. 

Molly from Cross Roads has joined in.  Pop over and visit tofind out a little bit about her.

 

13 comments:

Bridget Coyne said...

I'm up for it Linda - let me know what to do exactly, an I'll give it a crack. : )

Linda said...

Yay Bridget! You have to give 11 random facts about yourself, then answer my questions at the bottom of the post. If you want to continue it on you write 11 questions of your own and nominate 11 favourite blogs for the Liebster Award! Oh... and you can grab the button for your sidebar to show your award. I don't know how to do that though! I look forward to reading your post.

Racheal - Maven in training said...

Great idea and an interesting read!

molly said...

I dont want the award but the questions sound like fun, count me in please :)

Busy mum of 3 said...

As much as I'd love to, I'm just too busy ATM to even post a short blog, but thanks for the offer :)

Linda said...

Thanks Racheal,not my idea. The Liebster awards been doing the rounds for ages. Are you taking part?

Molly I'm looking forward to your post. Leave me a comment here when you have done it and I'll link through to you.

Cheryl, that's why I didn't nominate individual blogs. They're all great and it can put a bit of pressure on sometimes.

molly said...

Hi Linda, I have posted my responses, you can find them here:
http://doing-it-naturally.blogspot.com.au

livingsimplyfree said...

I too am scared of flying, and don't enjoy it, love 60s and 70s music, must read to relax and fall asleep, and prefer country or at least very small towns to the city life.

Your questions were interesting. Here's a few answers.

4. I go for simple, in summer when we have most of our get-together a fruit pie or a fruit salad.

6. my most hated chore is anything indoors, but specifically the bathroom.

10. I have never been able to master a perfectly aligned quilt.

11. love music but never learned to play an instrument (told only boys did that) and have no vocal skills I will share except with the very young who haven't learned to laugh at me.

Bridget Coyne said...

Linda - so glad you have had a few responses! I think I'm going to have to give it a miss - we are now moving house next weekend, so can't imagine having the time!!! All great though :)

Evi said...

Hi Linda, I'd love to join in although I wouldn't want the award..... but I am so busy right now that I hardly have time to read my fave blogs, let alone think about me!!!
With Stuy away my brain is trying to think for two of us and oh my, its getting frazzled!
I have been enjoying your humour when I get a chance though!

Amber said...

Oh love this blog, go you and so nice reading words that sing to my heart xxx

Margaret said...

Looks like the rain (we have had more than enough) is slowly heading South...hope it gets to you soon.

Linda said...

Sorry for the silence guys. I didn't expect to be gone from this space but life has been hectic!

Molly, I linked through to you. Thanks for joining in.

Lois, I'm with you on the hated chores!

Bridget, I hope the move went okay. I've checked with your sister and it sounds like things are working for you with accomodation.

Evi, You must be run off your feet! I'm loving your posts from Stuy.

Hi Amber, Aren't you lovely!

Margaret, YES! We got it! I can't believe the ground is wet again. Sort of surreal and very exciting!