Sunday, 22 September 2013

Lucky

I am blessed!

I am lucky that I have children.  I am lucky to have received flowers from them nearly every day for the last decade. 
I am lucky to have watched them grow and become more independent and creative.
I am lucky to have pets, chooks and plenty of visiting wildlife in the form of echidnas, kangaroos, wallabies and sometimes even turtles that smile at me!
I am lucky to have Hubby to do the practical work.  I watched him dig a post hole for espaliering today and thought, "Hmmm.  I could use the dirt from that hole in the top garden...  Then I watched him refill the hole and realised the dirt was still needed.  I'm not the smartest tool in the shed!  Though it's weird.  I can make a pencil case from scratch without a pattern!  Must require different brain waves.
I am lucky I have learnt skills like making calendula soap.  And bread, meals, yummy baked goods... Then there's sewing, knitting, homemade cleaners...
I am lucky I can garden and use our own produce. 
I'm lucky to have enough food to eat, clean water, a comfortable home, a bed to sleep in.
There is so much more I am grateful for that I could go on all day!
 
Do you often find yourself overcome with gratefulness?

9 comments:

Sharon said...

Beautiful post x

Meg said...

Great thoughts :)

Busy mum of 3 said...

Amen
xxx
:)

africanaussie said...

funny I posted on this subject last week! I love your turtle smiling photo!

Patty@inStitches said...

Yes, some days you pause to count your blessings and you can't get thru the list before supper! We are the lucky ones!!

Krista said...

I do indeed often find myself in a similar state of awed gratitude. :-) Usually it's something little that sets me off and then I stand there amazed, especially when it comes in the midst of hard times. I love all your good, good things. :-)

Tracey said...

Yep.... Beautiful post.

D.Hausmann said...

OK, I'll bit, how do you make Calendula Soup?

Linda said...

Yep, life is good! D Haussmann, it was soap, not soup. The photo is the melting fat to which I added calendula petals to steep.