Friday, 8 November 2013

This week....

I just had a look at the photos on my camera and this week....

Beer making was a fun family activity...



We enjoyed a bit of race day fun (Melbourne Cup) with friends....
 and discovered our table fits through the gate  if it gets too sunny!!
Pumpkin harvested her first ever broccoli....
and after a long two weeks of not being able to eat our eggs (antibiotics during the chook disaster) we are finally back in eggs!
I hope your week was lovely too!  Do you celebrate on Cup Day?

3 comments:

Zara said...

Some lovely moments captured from your week.
The broccoli looks amazing. I bet it was very flavoursome.
Melbourne Cup day was celebrated here by dressing up for work.
x

Ali M said...

photos are great..we enjoyed a great crop of broccoli then the white moths laid eggs everywhere and one evening (after a wine) I picked the broccoli and just chucked it in the pot. Then at dinner my son shrieked yelling he ate a caterpillar and yes he did..actually the whole lot of broccoli was full of them...then went outside and all the plants were full of them..the chooks ate a great dinner that night!!! They joys of veges from the garden..

Linda said...

Zara that would have been so much fun dressing up for work! I love the dressing up and the champagne on Cup Day. It feels so celebratory!

Ali, thank you for that story. How funny! I actually pulled a caterpillar out of the cooked broccoli the other night, quietly popped it in the chook bucket and signed to Hubby to keep quiet. Your poor son! Imagine actually eating it!!