Monday, 3 November 2014

Ups and downs

The computer's busted; it's time to host the monthly link up that I so love and I can't attempt it on the iPad! There was a brown snake slithering around in the veggie garden today. It was the second time I've seen him in a couple of weeks so I don't think he's just passing through! The cat ran passed before with a rabbit hanging out of her mouth and we ran out of castor sugar and EGGS! Lucky we had a couple of duck eggs in the fridge because Pumpkin was making a chocolate cake. And then I saw the sheep! See the electric fence? Well he should be on the other side of it with the horse. Time to move them to new grass.
And on the up side.... today Pumpkin cooked a great cake, I made some food to share at a fun cup day event with friends tomorrow, I sowed some corn seeds this morning, the kids had fun making pasta necklaces and Hubby has the day off tomorrow!
You wouldn't want to map out your day too clearly, would you! You just never know what's coming your way on any given day, even the mundane I'm-staying-home-to-bake days.....

6 comments:

rabidlittlehippy said...

Urgh to the brown snake. Our neighbours behind us had a tige snake in their immediate play area garden last year and a brown snake in their chook pen (cohabitating nicely with their chooks - they laid the eggs to feed him after all) but none we know of on our block. No chances being taken though. Urgh. If your cat can catch a rabbit I imagine the snake might just want to think about moving on whilst it can.
Nothing like a day going its own direction. Today ended up being all about planting and gardening today which was lovely but last nights frost and panic to bury all the frost tender plants was definitely not in the equation!
here's to no more snakes and many more happy days in the kitchen and garden. :)

Linda said...

Isn't it wonderful when we get to spend a day in the garden! Soothes the soul. I hope the snakes stay away from your place. This was our fourth sighting this season. Hubby's considering doing a course on how to remove snakes and rehome them.

Farmer Liz said...

hi Linda, I think we all need to be more relaxed about blogs and just get on with life in the real world, posts will happen when they happen :) sorry to hear about the snake, yuck! (I'm sure also that there's lots of bloggers who could help out and post the link on another blog if you wanted to email the code, I haven't joined in more than 2 months, so if you wanted to choose someone who was more regular, that's fine, but I'd be happy to help if you need it)

Kim said...

Our sheep have been escaping a bit too , especially the lambs who then complain they can't get back to their mothers. Yes it is definitely snake season , stay safe.
Your pony looks just like ours....would love to hear more about him.

Linda said...

Liz, thank you for the offer. I'll keep that in mind. I actually just posted the link minus my post. Still haven't got the computer fixed but soon!

Hi Kim, I think part of the problem is our sheep is sooo overdue for a shear. I don't think he'd even feel the fence through that wool! Yes I must post about our little Tom one of these days. He's so beautiful! It must be lovely having the lambs. We never get tired of new babies around here.

Jenny said...

Hi Linda, the sheep story made me smile. We had goats on our little plot and an electric fence for them. Although most respected it, one had thick enough hair on his back that he could push under and escape. He was inquisitive and I would often drive home at the end of the day and see him corralled in the neighbours horse yard. One day he had walked up their back stairs and into their kitchen where the farmer's wife was baking!