Sunday, 11 September 2011

A Parenting Statistic

I'm currently knitting my first pair of socks and I'm loving it!  I can't wait to wear them.  In fact, when I finish the first, I'm sure I'll be tempted to wear it before its partner is complete.






Anyway, yesterday I glanced down and saw the hole in the toe of my commercial sock (which I have in most of my socks) and thought, "Must keep my nails trimmed when I wear my new socks."
   
                                     

That's when it SMACKED ME IN THE FACE!!!  I am responsible for EIGHTY finger and toenails!!!!  And two of my children are completely uncooperative during the nail cutting process.

No wonder I feel frazzled sometimes.  I am not a numbers type of person, thank goodness, and I will never think in these terms again.  Imagine how horrifying the stats would be on how many meals prepared, items of clothing washed etc.!

Today I plan not to think too much!  We are going for a beautiful country drive to visit my eldest daughter and my gorgeous baby granddaughter.  I will lose myself in my knitting and try to blank statistics from my head!

Here's hoping that you think creatively, rather than in overwhelming facts!

1 comment:

purplepear said...

I can be a bit like that sometimes.