Monday, 12 September 2011

The Weekend


On the weekend I went to the Black Market again.  It is rare for me to miss one of these monthly markets because I love them.   We buy or swap food from our own gardens and have a lovely morning chatting to people we already know, or getting to know the new faces!


People brought relishes and chillies which we tasted.  This is the way we should all shop!  Fresh food with low food miles and sharing of friendship and information!!!



I had to stop and take a photo of this pretty road!  The benefit of country living is that, as soon as you leave the house, you are goingfor a beautiful country drive!


My bounty from the market - cauliflower, kale, leeks, warragul greens, jerusalem artichokes, some vietnamese mint for the garden, some green tomato pickles and I bought some Agave oil from an aromatherapist friend who also goes to the market.


The next day off to visit my eldest daughter and my beautiful granddaughter!
I even picked up my eighteen year old and took her with us.  My five kids in one room.  A rare event!


2nd week of 'real food'

My six month old granddaughter.  Isn't she squishy!!!

3 comments:

Busy mum of 3 said...

Oh my what a CUTE BABY!

Evi said...

Your market sounds delightful - combining a good chat with like minded people and shopping all in one? Divine!!

Linda said...

Thanks Busy Mum. I think she's lovely and I really look forward to visits with her.
Evi, the market is great and I wish there were more of them. How nice to buy food without boosting the big supermarkets!